Please perform the following steps to install the eSilo Backup Application.
Choose this download for all workstation PCs. This version supports backing up
through mapped drives. The computer must be logged in during the time of backup.
Choose this download if you are installing directly on a server. This version does
not support mapped drives. It allows the machine to be logged out during the time of backup.
Choose this download to backup your MS Exchange Server.
- Using your internet browser, go to www.esilo.com/download.html and choose your operating system to begin the download.
- Select "Run in the download dialog box to start the download.
- Once the download is finished, continue the installation process by clicking "Run".
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the application installation.
- Locate the email that was sent to you containing the eSilo Activation Code.
- Click on the desktop icon to start the eSilo Backup application and when prompted enter the Activation Code from the email and choose "next".
- Create username and password that will be used to log into your eSilo account and choose next.
- Log into the application using your username and password.
Set a Schedule for Backup
If you would like your backups to happen on a scheduled basis, follow these instructions.
- Click on the eSilo Backup icon located on your desktop or in your program files and log into the application using the user name and password for the user that you would like to create a schedule for.
- At the top of the interface locate the Schedule Tab and choose Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to begin creating a Backup Schedule.
- When prompted "would you like this computer to perform unattended backups", choose yes.
- Choose the files, folders, drives or mapped drives to be backed up. There is no need to check off the
entire C:\ Drive or "C:\Documents and Settings" folder because Windows and Program files do not need to be
backed up. Only the data files that were created need to be backed up. To exclude a selected sub-directory,
Right click on the folder and choose exclude.
- Now select a destination directory (by default all data is stored within your eSilo Today Folder) and click next.
- Choose which months you would like the backups to run and click next.
- Specify which days you would like your backups to run.
- When choosing what hour to initiate the backup process, consider if those files will be in use.
- Specify minute of the hour if different than "0".
- The next section is the notification section. Here the customer can add or delete email addresses to receive
the email notification of backup reports.
- In the summary section, you will a brief overview of the schedule that was just created.
- Click finish and the schedule is now setup.
Editing your Backup Schedule
You can edit any of your backup schedules at any time. The changes will take effect the next time your
schedule is set to run.
- Open the eSilo application and log in with your username and password.
- Click "Schedule", choose "Edit", and then click which schedule to modify.
- To modify what you are backing up click on "Files to Backup" and make the changes by checking or deselecting the directories, folders, files or drives.
- To modify the time for your backup to run, choose "Hours" and make the necessary changes. Changes can also be made to the "Minute of the Hour".
- To add or change the email notification click on "Notification" and remove, add or change the email address.
(Remember to click "Save Changes" when any modification is made to a schedule.)