Error: Source host requires Veeam integration components to be upgraded.
- There is a problem with the Admin credentials for the Veeam user. Possibly because it no longer has Admin rights (local admin or through AD) or the password has expired. See steps to confirm this issue below.
- If Veeam components do need to be manually updated, possibly due to credential issues that prevented automatic updates from occurring, see this Veeam KB article.
Steps to Troubleshoot:
- Login to customer VBR via Remote Console or GoToAssist
- Click Backup Infrastructure
- Click the Hypervisor Host
- Right click Properties
- Click Next to navigate menus. Stop at Credentials Screen.
- Click Next to authenticate to server using stored credentials
- If you see this error, you have confirmed there is a credentials issue:
- Open Active Directory Users & Computers
- Right click on the Veeam User
- Click Properties
- Click Account Tab
- Make sure the following are checked:
- Password never expires
- User cannot change password – optional, but recommended
- Go back to VBR
- Click Home
- Click Backup under Jobs in the left menu
- Right click the Job
- Select Rescan (to retry job from where it failed) or Start (to start from the beginning)
- After the step “All VMs have been queued for processing”, click one of the VMs in the job
- If the job completes the step “Required backup infrastructure resources have been assigned” (step 2 in the action list) the credentials should now be working.
- Monitor Job progress to confirm it completes successfully.